Computer interface for Omni VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Computer interface for Omni VI
From: junger@usgs.gov (Unger)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 10:43:16 -0500
First, thanks to all who replied to my plea for help with configuring my
Omni VI with TRLOG and HYPERLOG. The "trick" to getting everything to
work was to use a serial cable with pin 2 on one end connected to pin 2
on the other end and the same for pin 3. The Omni VI manual appears to
be WRONG in its cable configuration; DO NOT use a cable with pins 2 & 3
"crossed" - at least for these two logging program.

I'm happy to say that the VI works great now with both programs. BTW, I
am thinking of writing a short description of the major differences,
both positive and negative, that I've found between my old Corsair II
and the Omni VI. If there is interest, I'll put a posting here.

tnx agn es 73 - John, W4AU

FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html