WTB TenTec Tuner Model 238

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: WTB TenTec Tuner Model 238
From: junger@usgs.gov (Unger)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 11:47:00 -0500
Hi Dick -

I picked up a used Model 238 about a year ago; it replaced a Drake
MN-2000 tuner that I had had for a while. I like the tuner and it's a
good match, style-wide, with the Corsair II and the Omni VI. I think I
paid about $225. for my used tuner; it's in excellent shape. One problem
that I had was the capacitor shaft coupling inside slipping; this has
happened a couple of time. I may try a new set screw the next time it
acts up. Also, the indicator for the rotary inductor does not seem to
line up correctly with the divisions on the case. This is a very minor
problem and one that may be due to the dial cord needing to be restrung.

All-in-all I like the tuner very much; it covers a wide range and has
never failed to give me some sort of match for any reasonable antenna.

73 - John, W4AU

FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html