Corsair

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Corsair
From: GriffithJ@ricks.edu (James Griffith)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 15:45:21 -0700
I am going to change out my Ham Gear, BA equipment. SX117 & HT44
and go back to solid state. I told my self, when I did, Ten Tec would be
the radio I would go to. Why, service & parts.

I had a Kenwood TS-450SAT, a good radio, but there were no weak
rolling long path singals to jump on, the radio just did not hear them, my
SX117 does. So  I sold the 450, and played BA for a while, but there are
no convenience with a BA, always twisting knobs. I'v been twisting
knobs for 36 years, and I guess the 450 spoiled me.

I can not, at the moment, purchase a Omni VI, but I would like to get
TenTec gear. So is there any suggestions. The Corsair's, are at the
moment, what I could afford by selling my BA's.

Any comment on the Corsair, Corsair II, hunting weak signal CW DX, or
just rag chewing on 80.

One other item. I heard so many war stories of Kenwood repairs, and
the high cost of repair, I asked my self would I be willing to pay $300.00
to have my 450 repaird, if it ever needed it? I answered my self NO! But
Ten Tec repair is legendary, even for their older equipment, and that's
why I'v decided for Ten Tec, let alone the legendary receivers.

Jim, WA7NDD
griffithj@ricks.edu

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html