Packet on the 2m Transceiver kit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Packet on the 2m Transceiver kit
From: dcalvin@austin.ibm.com (Duane Calvin)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 19:54:01 +0000
Jeepers, right in front of my eyes.  OK, so it's designed for packet
use, and is wired, ready to go.  Now, who has used it at 9600 bps,
presumably what it is designed for having this kind of connection?  And,
another question: What is the intermod susceptibility for this rig?
"Intermod" is a problem here in Austin with new paging repeaters and
other VHF RF sources being thrown up every day.  My Yaesu FT-2400 with a
tracking front end works extremely well in this environment.  Typically,
only the "extended range" receivers are susceptible because others are
assumed to have some kind of bandpass or lowpass filtering. How does the
2m kit rig perform in this arena?

Thanks to David for pointing me to the web page - I should have known to
look there first...

        73,  Duane   AC5AA

--
Duane A. Calvin      "All statements are mine only, not my employer's."
ac5aa@juno.com  -or-  duanec@prodigy.com

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html