Packet on the 2m Transceiver kit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Packet on the 2m Transceiver kit
From: talbot@kmrmail.kmr.ll.mit.edu (George Arthur Talbot)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 97 13:14:07+120
Duane,

There is a 5 pin Din on the rear of the 1220 2 meter rig. available at this
connector are:

PIN 1   Audio input to transmitter
PIN 2   Ground
PIN 3   PTT
PIN 4   DISCRIMINATOR OUT VIA BUFFER AMP
PIN 5   BUSY/MUTE OUTPUT

"The model 1220 tranceiver audio interface is designed to be responsive to
ARRL guidelines drafted 1994 (Ad Hoc Committee on Digital Communications)....."

>From reference section of manual page 29.

The note on that page says, "The Model 1220 tranceiver has been tested with
typical 1200 bps TNC's. Evaluation of preformance and potential
modifications for other baud rates will be conducted by our engineering
staff as time permits."

Hope this helps,

George

At 05:51 PM 1/28/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm considering the 2m transceiver kit as an additional rig to use
>exclusively for packet.  A couple of questions come to mind.  Is the
>switching on the rig fast enough to be used for 9600 bps packet?  Even
>more to the point, has anyone used one of these for 9600 bps packet, and
>how difficult was it to access the discriminator circuitry?  Does TT
>talk about this in the documentation or have it already wired?
>
>       73,  Duane   AC5AA
>
>--
>Duane A. Calvin      "All statements are mine only, not my employer's."
>ac5aa@juno.com  -or-  duanec@prodigy.com
>Day: dcalvin@austin.ibm.com
>
>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html
>Problems:                 w9tw@contesting.com

George Arthur Talbot V73GT/AH8H ex WB6VPS/ZD8GT
Raytheon Engineering Services Support
United States Army Kwajalein Atoll
Marshall Islands

Mailing address.