[TenTec] Rig Control Software

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rig Control Software
From: LWBudd@aol.com (LWBudd@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 19:37:42 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-18 18:22:56 EDT, Duane AC5AA writes (from
ac5aa@juno.com):

<< How boring - software that presents a picture of the rig and lets you
 twiddle the virtual dial?  You must mean something different.  Logging
 allows control of the rig from packet spots and automatic reading of the
 band/mode/frequency not only for logging but for spotting.  I like tools
 that improve the function I'm trying to perform, which is what logging
 software does.  My feeble opinion...

        73,  Duane   AC5AA       >>

I started this inquiry but I probably am not really sure what capability
there is out there. I am aware the Ten Tec Omi VI has a port for software
control (what ever than means). I am always interested in the fullest
implimentation of whatever equipment I have. I am also interested in whatever
will make my involvement more fun, educational, interesting, etc.

>From what I have receieved back in response to my inquiry I have tentatively
concluded that DX4WIN is perhaps the way I will go. I say "tentatively" and
"perhaps" because I am suspending final judgement until I am ready to take
the step. I am still open to input on this subject.

Leonard
KD3QQ
LWBudd@aol.com