[TenTec] Omni VI Alignment

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Alignment
From: tlwideman@eee.org (TROY WIDEMAN)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 19:50:55 -0700
Hello all,
 I would like some help on proper equipment and procedure for setting up
the various reference frequencies (especially in the BFO). In addition
to the manual, I do have the ARRL Handbook which covers the rig's
various freqs. However, my initial attempt was pitiful and I found my
(antique) counter was not accurate. So, I would like to ask are the
Digimax D-612 or D-1200 (the high range of my pocket book) accurate
enough? Or some other counter in that price range? Also, what is the
best approach to setting the various frequencies and which (maybe all?)
should best be left to T-T? Thanks in advance. 73, Troy, W6HV