[TenTec] Comments on OMNI C and other TT rigs.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Comments on OMNI C and other TT rigs.
From: ac5am@juno.com (Robert L Stolzle)
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 10:58:32 -0500
Hi again all,

Luke asked for comments on Ten Tec Omni series. Am
putting this on the list. I think everyone is interested in an
honest and constructive opinion.

I currently have an Omni C and it is my favorite rig. To me,
it looks good, sounds good and a great CW rig like all TT
rigs that I have owned. Argonauts, Triton IV, Corsair II and
the Omni C. Never used one with PLL. I don't care for all
the bells and whistles.

The Corsair II is probably the better rig but it is very tight with
all the PBT and BPT and filters audio and IF. The OMNI C
has a nice open sound, very clear more 3D sound. Can
hear little weak stns in the background better.

The only problems I can see with these rigs,  1, they tend
to have tble with the PTO mechanism and 2, the PTO tends
to drift.  The PTO's can be rebuilt and the drift can be fixed
by adding the proper temp compensating capacitor. I am
currently in the process of doing this to my OMNI C. Even
after saying this, these rigs are the best CW rigs around.

That's my $.02 worth Luke. Good luck. If you get a good one,
which I suppose most are, you won't regret it.

73,  Bob   AC5AM