[TenTec] TT Scout QSK mod--the deed is done! also Omni/B filtering switc

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT Scout QSK mod--the deed is done! also Omni/B filtering switching mods
From: ataylor@heracles.llnl.gov (Allan G. Taylor)
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 09:49:11 -0700 (PDT)
Last week, I posted instructions for restoring full QSK to the TT Scout as
received from TT service dept. Also last Friday, Glenn, AE0Q, did the mod to
his Argo. With the help of Gene, KE6HDS, the mod is now done to my Scout!
The timing is now as it should be. I am going to install a switch on the
already busy back panel to allow the choice of FULL or SEMI QSK, a choice made
by merely shorting out the 1.2k resistor we put in series with the existing
R37 of 1k. One could actually short out the 1k resistor itself (altho getting
a wire to the bottom of it could be VERY tricky...delicate surgery to do the mod
at all) and have a slightly quicker semi-QSK. It may be that a total resistance
of up to 3k might work. The total recommended by TT of 2.2k is in now and is
FB!

Also, I revised the switching of the audio filtering in the OmniD/B-series used
as the main rig to have level 1 and level 2 audio filtering chosen with the
sharp cw filter. Seems to be slightly less ringing, the goal of course. I will
be doing a revision at some point of the single rotary switch into some other
arrangement whereby the two filters, IF and audio, can be switched separately
as done in the C-series Omnis.

I hope this is useful to other TT owners.

Grant  K7GT  k7gt@qsl.net