[TenTec] Pin Diodes / Paragon

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pin Diodes / Paragon
From: hmmjr@erols.com (H. M. 'Puck' Motley W4PM)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 10:03:55 -0700
I have the feeling that the pin diodes in question are a modification
suggested in an article by Ulrich Rhode (not sure of the spelling of his
name) a few years back concerning 2nd order IMD in modern rigs. One of
the rigs mentioned was the Paragon.  The article stated that by replacing
the common switching diodes used to switch the receiver front end band
pass filters with a certain type of pin diode, 2nd order IMD could be
improved. Maybe some of our more technically oriented folks remember this
article and can comment in greater detail. This is all I remember so if
you have additional questions don't ask me!

73,
Puck, W4PM