[TenTec] Pin Diodes / Paragon

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pin Diodes / Paragon
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 10:36:44 -0700
Yes, there was an article by Roode, and I have it somewhere, I
will get it out.  I recall that the improvements, at least for
the OMNI VI were shown to result from the reduction in receiver
gain (if the gain is lower, all the specs start to look better
because you have lower strength signals to deal with), and not
from the PIN diode installation.  I forget where that came from,
I believe it was a follow up article in a British ham magazine
that did a very, very thorough review of the situation.  I will
dig into my archives to see about it, anyone else recall where
this dialogue went on?

Clark
WA3JPG