[TenTec] Re: Request for comments about 238 tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Request for comments about 238 tuner
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 19:49:19 -0400

I believe that most MFJ tuners use the T network and TenTec uses a
swtichable L network. L networks are know for their low loss while the
losses in T networks can be quite high. Once a match is finally made by
juggling the knobs and dials, the settings can be recorded for future
use. The balun used in the MFJ is also inferior to TenTec's.Keep in mind
that an "easy match" may be a lossy match. Perhaps pruning the feeder or
antenna to make the match easier would result in lower tuner power loss.

N4LQ Steve