[TenTec] Omni VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+
From: W4NL-KA4S@worldnet.att.net (L. L. Lamb)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:35:42 -0500
Just completed the R-54 and R-55 mod to the transmit audio of the OMNI VI+
to correct the low vox gain problem I was having with the Heil HC-4.  It
works much to my surprise...tks Ten Tec.

I received a few comments about the problem and they ranged from "it's your
voice" to "try the mod", "buy another mike", "use a foot switch", plus a
few who didn't have the problem with their OMNI VIs. I love the one that
said "CW is wonderful"....I agree.  Thanks for all the good words, hi

This wasn't the hardest mod I've done, but one should think twice if the
sight of many small cables which must be "lifted" and put back in the same
place, small resistor removal, etc on your favorite rig bothers you!
Bottom line, it works and that's what counts.  BTW it happens on the board
below the speaker from the top and not the other board on the bottom which
also has an R-54 and R-55....not a problem, but it was close!

GL and 73, Lynn W4NL