[TenTec] Ten Tec / Antenna puzzle

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec / Antenna puzzle
From: nw9g@netusa1.net (NW9G)
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 22:31:45 -0500
Ok, what am I overlooking?

My ten tec argosy rig has lots of broadcast interferrance every 5 khz on my
multiband dipole at 90 ft. on all bands.
When I lower the antenna to 30 ft, it goes away.
When raised back up, it appears again.
Using my Omni 5, it doesn't do this.
Also when using my 4 square vertical array, tribander, loops or any other
antenna I have, it disappears.

Why does my argosy not like my multiband dipole?

It consists of 50 ohm coax being split (no balun) at the antenna.  It has
elements for 160,80,40,30,and 20 meters (all half waves on each band)
and each element is separated by 1.5 inches with pvc spacers.
This antenna works great with my Omni 5.

I know I am overlooking the obvious.....thanks...Steve..NW9G