[TenTec] Ten Tec / Antenna puzzle

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec / Antenna puzzle
From: dwright@microagesf.com (David Wright)
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 08:02:41 -0800
You guys should try living next to a 50kW AM Broadcast station (1 mile
away with no obstructions.)   The "lobe" is even pointed in my
direction!!!  I don't even have to have a radio to listen to them.  They
come in on my modem, phone lines, etc.

Luckily my Omni VI+ can deal with it on most bands (amazing, congrats to
the Ten Tec engineering/design team!)  That alone is a heck of a
statement for anyone wondering about the Omni's receiver.   I would be
very curious if anyone knows of a HIGH power (2-3kW) broadcast filter so
I can get filtering AND continue to use my Alpha amp...?  Apparently ICE
only makes < 300w models....

Thanks,

Dave - KB6JOX