[TenTec] No TenTec service

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] No TenTec service
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 08:32:21 -0800
> > VI+ cost more that all my rigs put together) and I been a ham for over 20
> > years and have NEVER sent a TenTec in for service.

> > 73! =paul= W8KC

> This is exactly what I want to hear!  How many other Ten Tec owners have
> "NEVER" had a need for service?

Well, I have owned Ten Tec's since I bought my first PM3A new and then
got the Argonaut 505 when it first came out.  Now I have an OMNI VI.
I have "fixed" some small things myself, but have only had to go to
real service twice in all that time.  I have owned Kenwood and Yaesu
and have a little more need for service on the average, but not a
big difference.  The big difference has been my ability to easily
call Ten Tec and speak to the guys who do the work, and they are
happy to speak with me and help me get things straight.  That is worth
a LOT to me.

Clark
WA3JPG