[TenTec] Omni VII input

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VII input
From: ac5aa@juno.com (Duane A. Calvin)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 11:12:27 -0600
I agree.  If you want to try a totally digital radio, go try a Kachina.
I've used the PC enough at work and at home to know that tuning via
pushbuttons or mouse or joystick or trackball, whatever, will never be
the same as dialing across the spectrum.  I think the computer screen
approach to radio controls is a mixed bag, and is a nice adjunct to the
physical controls on the rig itself, but will never be able to replace it
from an ergonomic standpoint.  FWIW...   I'd vote for SSB/CW/RTTY
monitor, and variable passband tuning - the only two things I miss in my
IC-765.  IF DSP would also be nice, but it doesn't come cheap when
designed properly.

Happy holidays to all - it's easy to tell we're in that "gift" frame of
mind - HI!

        73,  Duane    AC5AA