[TenTec] Why Stop Here ? MFJ Cleartone replacement

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Why Stop Here ? MFJ Cleartone replacement
From: jjensen@mctcnet.net (jjensen)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 17:10:40 -0600
I use what is essentially a speaker crossover circuit to handle the hiss
problem, and to restrict the audio to the "communications range."  Works
pretty well for both headphones and speakers.  If you're not inclined to
home brewing, Radio Shack has a few different crossovers to choose from in
both their "raw speaker" and "autosound" lines.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who struggles to find earphones
and speakers that will satisfy my ear.  I have yet to find the "perfect"
solution.  I do like the clear tone for CW, but phone is a different story.
Someone mentioned that expensive Alpha Delta speaker.  I have been tempted,
but the price seems ridiculous.  Has anyone on the refletor tried one?  I'm
more inclined to try build something myself.

73 de Joel, W0JDJ