[TenTec] Why Stop Here ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Why Stop Here ?
From: seay@Alaska.NET (Del Seay)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 12:34:11 -0900
No rock throwing here, Brian, just an observation.
Audio quality on "phone" is not necessarily a good thing.
If that were the criteria, we would all be using phasing type
systems instead of filter systems. Communications quality
is being able to demodulate the intelligence with a minimum
of errors.
Lets face it, none of the solid state rigs today will give "good
quality" audio, they just can't compete in that department with
the 10 watts 20-4000 cps audio systems in the old gear. And -
that isn't all that bad! I remember when Collins first introduced the
KWM-1 and then the KWM-2, all the guys thought that the
audio quality really sucked! And, it did compared to the stuff
they were used to! Now, that is considered "hi-fi"!
Good luck with the slant-track.
de KL7HF

----------
<travism@door.net>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
> Date: Friday, February 13, 1998 11:56 AM
>

> Boy, I know I'm gonna start something ! The ONLY decent audio out of any
Ten
> Tec I've owned- Corsair 2, Paragon, Omni 5, 6, 6+ (upgraded) was with the
> older style Heil amplified speakers. I operate 99% phone and finally sold
my
> TT in favor of a Yazoo 1000D. I own Collins S-Line, Drake C-Line and
R-8A,
> and still have my old Kenwood TS-830S. I'll stand by my claim- On phone
TT