[TenTec] Why Stop Here ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Why Stop Here ?
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:42:59 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Hemmis <K3USC@worldnet.att.net>

>I never had anyone tell me how good my Xmit'd audio sounded
>on any TT- using a variety of mics incl. TT desk mic.

That's too bad, Brian.  You must have been in the wrong place at
the wrong times.

I had a Ten-Tec Triton IV (544) years ago and consistently
received reports from other stations about the great quality of
my audio.  I was using an old Heath mobile microphone (like what
I used to use with my old HW-12a).  Even later with a Telex Boom
mic/headset, I still received great reports from folks...totally
unsolicited.

I even had people break into the QSO to simply ask what kind of
radio I was using.

I can't say anything yet about my Omni VI+ because I haven't
operated all that much SSB.

73,
Dale, kg5u