[TenTec] Titan Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Titan Problem
From: nw9g@netusa1.net (NW9G)
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 20:38:44 -0500

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
>Date: Monday, March 02, 1998 05:43
>Subject: [TenTec] Titan Problem
>

>>I just acquired a Titan Amplifier with a little problem.  The Grid Current
>>always registers zero.  The needle wiggles a little but doesn't indicate any
>>significant grid current.  With 10W in from my Paragon, it seems to be
>putting
>>500 out to a dummy load but no grid current.
>>
>>Anyone out there have any ideas on where I should start looking?
>>
>>Jon, K6JEK

Jon, I am not too technical but I can say this about my Titan.  I can usually
run about 20 to 30 watts drive on 80 -20 meters and see plenty of grid
current.
(depending on the setting).  On 10-15 meters even less drive shows ig.  If I
run 50 watts drive into titan on 20 meters, I am putting out nearly 1200 watts
with around 25MA of grid.  At 10 watts on any band, I usually don't have much
though.  Once I get to 20 or 30 watts is when I see needle movement.
BTW, you will love that Titan.  It loafs at 1300 watts out all day.  Just a
little noisy on the blower.  (I can live with it).  73 and good luck...Steve