[TenTec] omni d info

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] omni d info
From: w5ec@digitalexp.com (Hawkins, Bill)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 09:31:48 -0600
I have a real OMNI-D (no versions) which I bought new in 1979
serial # 19. It stills works great and I wouldn' t part with it for anything.

I thought I had the original letter describing the new band
modification but can't find it. As I remember it was a small mod with
a crystal and a couple of parts and was for 10mhz and 24mhz only.
Something about mixing frequencies eliminated the 18 mhz change.

I do have the letter from Oct 1983 that says the FACTORY mods had been
discontinued but kits were still available. Remember that was 15 years ago
and not too many OMNI-D rigs still around need the changeover. I would
imagine the parts kit had been discontinued also.

Even without the new bands the OMNI-D is a great rig, both ssb and cw.
It got me to 324/342.
Enjoy it.

Bill W5EC