[TenTec] QRPing a Ten-Tec Paragon? -Reply

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] QRPing a Ten-Tec Paragon? -Reply
From: rsellers@mail.rkd.snds.com (Roger Sellers)
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 09:05:43 -0500
Hi Guys,
 Thank goodness for archiving. Here's the info I got from my archive and
sources:
=== beginning of archives =======
From:  Steve Ellington <n4lq%iglou.com@internet.rkd.snds.com>
To: John Garrett <john%antenna.demon.co.uk@internet.rk...
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date:  3/30/97 8:48pm
Subject:  Re: [TenTec] Netting with Paragon
> Also, how can I adjust the output power for less than 5 Watts for QRP
> operation without reducing the maximum output power achievable?
As for the power reduction. Replace R44 with 10k ohms on 2nd mixer board.
Reset ALC for 100 watts. This mod gives a range of 100w down to approx. 2
watts.
73
Steve Ellington N4LQ@IGLOU.COM  Louisville, Ky
From:  "Ten-Tec, Inc." <74130.212%CompuServe.COM@internet.rkd.snds.com>
To: SNDS.MIME("tentec%akorn.net@internet.rkd.snds.com"...
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date:  10/28/96 3:29pm
Subject:  585/562 Low Power Mods

Instructions for modifiying either the 585 Paragon I or 562 Omni V
for low power operation:

For the 585 Paragon I:
Replace R44 with 10K ohms on 2nd mixer board.  Reset ALC for 100 watts.
This mod gives a range of 100 watts down to approx. 2 watts.

For the 562 Omni V:
Change R46 to 10k ohms on 9 MHz xtal filter board.  Reset ALC for 100
watts.  Range of 100 watts down to less than 1 watt.

73, Scott Robbins KY2P, Ten-Tec
=== End of archives ======