[TenTec] keyer

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] keyer
From: FSWF37A@prodigy.com ( JAMES T BRANNIGAN)
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 17:33:07, -0500
Hello all
I'm a natural lefty....used a right handed Vibroplex bug for many
years..(can you hold a pencil in one hand and send with the other?)
Well, I finally built a keyer and gave up the bug (much to the
delight of the CW community)...I modified my bug to use with the
electronic keyer ( a W4VVF? from QST)...some time later picked up a
Bencher and an MFJ-486 keyer....I've tried the iambic keying...it
works fine off the air.. on the air that old bug swing comes back and
the iambic keying goes down the drain...
now I'm looking for an old Vibroplex electronic key...I do miss the
feel of the paddles...the old bug just sits here...I love it when new
hams point to it and say "what the hell is that thing"
My 2 cents
Jim WB2TPS