[TenTec] Corsair II AGC

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II AGC
From: cooper@gmpvt.com (Tom Cooper)
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 10:09:00 -0400
I am also searching for a magic bullet. The pop really is the only bad
thing I
can think of about my CSII.

I replaced the agc and hang electrolytic charge caps with tantalum and it
improves it
some. The tantalum caps charge a little faster.

W3TS made a little amp using an MC1350 and samples the IF just before the
product
detector, feeds it into the amp and rectifies it, and uses this voltage to
drive
the AGC instead of the audio derived voltage.  That's what I'm going to try
next.

Tom  W1EAT