[TenTec] OH, MANNNNN....

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OH, MANNNNN....
From: seweber@netnitco.net (seweber@netnitco.net)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 20:25:43 +0600
>TenTec's web site is notorious for being down a lot.  I don't know how much
>business it generates for them, but surely it's time for them to move to a
>more
>reliable provider.  (I'm seeing the same problem this morning.)
>
> 73,  Duane     AC5AA
>

>Subject: [TenTec] OH, MANNNNN....
>
>And I thought the troubles I'm having with this Omni is a problem...
>
>Now I'm trying to get the TenTec web page (http://www.tentec.com) and
>the worst error message one could get -- the server does not have a DNS
>entry -- is popping up!!!
>
>AIEEEE!!! What has happened, folks???
>
>Tom Smith  N8DXR

I have never had problems accessing the TenTec web site, but then I have a
Microsoft free system (Mac and netscape) which generally explains my almost
complete freedom from mysterious computer headaches.  Hmmmmmm. Food for
thought.

seweber@netnitco.net

Windows 95 is great! ----I've been using it on my Macintosh since 1987!

The box said 'Requires Windows 95, or better' so I bought a Mac.

Windows 95 (n) - 32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch
to an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,
written by a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to
lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the
fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into
it in the first place."
- Douglas Adams, on Windows '95.

"Intel Inside"...The world's most widely used warning label.

        Customer: "I'm running Windows '95."
        Tech Support: "Yes."
        Customer: "My computer isn't working now."
        Tech Support: "Yes, you said that."