[Fwd: Re: [TenTec] DSP & COMPUTER NOISE]

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [TenTec] DSP & COMPUTER NOISE]
From: Steve Ellington" <n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 21:44:34 -0400

I figure two .01uf caps in series equals .005uf  or 5000pf and that's more
than enough capacitance to easily provide a low reactance path for the
frequencies in question. Lead inductance would play an important role in the
uhf spectrum but would be almost nil for HF. It's hard to understand why
power supply manufactures don't spend a few cents on these but It all adds
up in component cost. I recall Johnson transmitters of old having caps and
chokes in a pi arrangement at the power cord entrance inorder to revent TVI.