[TenTec] Reducing the output of Corsair II to QRP

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Reducing the output of Corsair II to QRP
From: seay@alaska.net (Del Seay)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 08:00:28 -0800
If I might, I'd like to give you qrp'ers a little food for thought.
When lowering the output level of 100 watts transmitters
into the qrp range, a little thought should be given to the
idea that some unwanted products remain at the same level
as the level of wanted products drop. (Unless of course attenuators
are used) Example: If a given IMD product is at the milliwatt
level while running 100 watts, it is within legal limits. But - if
the output power is dropped to 5 watts and the IMD product
remains at the same milliwatt level, then it's in violation
of FCC acceptance. At 5 watts, I doubt that anyone cares.
Just thought it should be mentioned.
de KL7HF