[TenTec] Omni-C VFO belly up?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-C VFO belly up?
From: casey.bahr@intel.com (Bahr, Casey)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 10:58:38 -0700

I should've known something was up on Sunday night, when I had a
couple of QSOs and noticed that the other ops' transmitters were a
bit chirpy. I thought, well, that's not unheard of for domestic contacts,
but not usual either. Then last night 5 minutes into a QSO I noticed
the same thing, but this time the other guy was telling me that *my*
transmit frequency was drifting all over the place.

A quick glance at the frequency counter confirmed that I was jumping
all over the place on both transmit and receive, from 100-500 Hz, mostly
up, but sometimes down as well. Bummer dude!! :)

So, before I give the TT service dept. a call, can anyone share a
similar experience/fix or point me in the right direction to look for
something
obvious? Since it does it on receive I think I can eliminate any problem
with the power supply and perhaps can point my finger directly at the VFO
(is it a single board?).

Sure glad I have a couple of backup rigs, but none I like to operate more
than the Omni. :\

TIA es 73,

Casey

Casey Bahr, KS7J, FISTS #3648, CC #450, FNW #1
Trustee, FISTS Northwest, K7FFF, FISTS #4400, CC #457
http://www.imagina.com/webpages/casey/k7fff
Vista Valley FISTS CW Club, K6FFF, FISTS #4444
http://www.angelfire.com/ma/k6ffffists