[TenTec] Need help with OMNI VI+ tuning dial

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Need help with OMNI VI+ tuning dial
From: e.g.j-smith@isp.com (Bob Wilderman)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 17:50:55 -0700
Hello Fellow Ten Tec friends: I am having a problem with the main tuning
knob on the OMNI VI+. It seems to be squeaking and rubbing against the main
frame of the rig or chassis. It was working just perfectly before I sent it
back to Ten Tec for the OPTION #3 upgrade. The knob feels tighter now,
squeaks and rubs. What is the problem? What is the cure? Please help!!!
Is there an adjustment to make somewhere to increase or decrease the drag
or tension on the main tuning knob? Any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks.

Bob Wilderman
K3SRO
Lansdale, PA.

PS. Thanks to those that replied to my request on the information about the
30 meter problem and cure for the OMNI VI