[TenTec] Paragon II Power Output

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon II Power Output
From: JDuffy@aol.com (JDuffy@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 17:09:49 EDT
Just started on SSTV with my Paragon II.  I am feeding the audio from the
computer into the Audio In RCA jack on the back of the Paragon II.  However,
the power output as shown on the radio's meter and an external meter is only
about 20 to 25 watts even with the power output control fully clockwise.  As
soon as I use the mic for normal conversation the power output will return to
the normal level.  Does Ten-Tec limit the power output if using this jack?  Do
they assume that it will be used for a continuous duty mode and therefore
throttle it back?

Regards,

Duffy - WB8NUT