[TenTec] Openwire feedlines

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Openwire feedlines
From: zl1mh@xtra.co.nz (mike hutchins)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 08:35:39 +1200
Has anybody tried putting ladderline inside alkathene pipe (a type of
black "plastic" pipe generally used for water reticulation, and
available in many diameters), so that the feedline can be run along or
even under the ground, against trees, buildings etc., and not have it's
r.f. properties affected by moisture or other physical contact?
I use a big (1200ft circumference) horiz. loop fed with homemade
openwire line & would like to bring the feeder straight down one mast to
ground, vertically, then run ladderline into the shack underground so I
can then connect both parts of feedline together & feed the loop as a
toploaded vertical on 80/160m via an atu.  Right now most of my openwire
feeder is horizontal - so I can keep it away from ground/trees etc.
Any thoughts (even "don't be stupid") welcomed!  73. Mike