[TenTec] OMNI VI and Contesting

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI and Contesting
From: kf5mc@flash.net (Joseph Pursley)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 19:01:49 -0500
I usually remove the tuning knob on all of my rigs and put one drop of
win oil (a teflon bearing oil sold at sports stores) on the tuning
shaft. (Some one is going to say ohhh noooo....No sweat the tuning
device on the Omni V1 is an optio device and has nothing to do with
requiring a ground to the shaft. Once its lubed it will turn easier.)
Then I replace the knob and make sure its far enough away from the face
plate before tightening the set screw. In your case just loosen the set
screw and move the know away from the front of the rig and
retighten..                       joe