[TenTec] Need Info on TT 1150 Over Voltage Protector

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Need Info on TT 1150 Over Voltage Protector
From: fsr567@sk.sympatico.ca (Ken)
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 22:18:28 -0600
Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for the offer, I would appreciate that very much.
I like to have the manufacturers info on file for reference..

The unit I have is exactly what you are talking about. At some time in the
past, the metal box was used for some other home brew accessory with the
1150 inners removed. I acquired all the parts of it. I just want to be
careful
before hooking it up.. I heard about a guy's bad experience with a power
supply (not TT) blowing a transistor and putting a high voltage on to his
equipment. Everything was fried.. The moral of the story was to use an over
voltage or crow bar protection circuits.. There is so little to it I can't
help but wonder why they are not a part of every power supply.

Just a thought, if you have access to a scanner, you could scan the
page and e-mail it. (most file formats and zips are ok)

Snail mail AD: Ken Crowston
                   Box 205,
                   Battleford, SK
                   S0M 0E0  Canada