[TenTec] 250 Hz Filter Comments

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 250 Hz Filter Comments
From: chestert@pressroom.com (Chester Alderman)
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 11:11:00 -0400
At 08:38 AM 9/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
Rick....Fortunately the front end of the Omni 6 is so solid that you
normally do not need the 250Hz filter during contesting. I set both IF
filters to 500Hz during contest and can hear weak signal responses in the
presence of 40 over signals within a half KC of my listening frequency.
When you use your Omni 6 in contest is when you really come to appreciate
the receiver design. There is NO other radio that can handle the strong
signal environment such as 40mtr operation during the CQ WW DX test. I
speak from experience.

>I bought a 250 Hz filter for the 6.3 IF in my VI+ about two months ago and
>it's really helped out in CW and RTTY contests while s&p.  I wouldn't
>recommend using it when running stations because some people will be out of
>the passband and you'll NEVER hear them.  This filter is a great addition
>to a contester's arsenal if you've been thinking about getting one.
>
>73/DX de Rick N9THC
>andrenr@ul.com
>

>--

Chester Alderman