[TenTec] Ten Tec KR-20 Keyer

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec KR-20 Keyer
From: v31ry@ix.netcom.com (AE0Q V31RY)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 06:13:57 -0600
  Can anyone with a Ten Tec KR-20 keyer tell me how theirs operates?

1) Is it IAMBIC?  That is, when you squeeze the paddles together and hold
them both, does the keyer send alternating dots and dashes??  My old Ten Tec
sales brochure says it is.

2) Does it have dot and dash memories?  If you turn the speed all the way
down, tap the dash paddle and then the dot paddle, will it send a dot after
the dash completes (storing the dot during the dash)?

    Mine does NEITHER of the above, I'd like to know if it's broken or just
not a real iambic keyer..

Thanks  --  Glenn  AE0Q/V31RY