[TenTec] Delta II display backlighting

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta II display backlighting
From: carl.s.hyde@lmco.com (Carl Hyde)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:37:19 -0400
Well there has to be a solution and if I had one failed panel to play
with I think something could be made.  Maybe the guys at TT could design
the adaptation of another display to these radios.  If the
electroluminescent panel can be separated from the liquid crystal
display portion without damage, then a solution is simply to backlight
the display with LEDs.  I have a diffuser system for the bright LEDs
that gives even lighting.  I just don't want to experiment with my
display.

Harry &Sara Coates wrote:

> WOW, Did this note ever get a bunch of replies. One was even
> a sympothy card. There were several suggestions and even
> more who wanted to know if we find a solution to let them
> know. Must be a ton of Argonaut II/Delta II owners out there
> with the same problem/flaw. I just today sent my Delta II to
> TT for some other work, and included a letter asking
> questions from the replies. Will let the reflector know what
> the answer is. Scott/Paul, are you listening??
> Harry Coates    WA8HC
>
> --

Carl Hyde
carl.s.hyde@lmco.com
Desk:  (609) 866-6386
Fax:   (609) 866-6414

POLITICS:  From the Latin prefix "Poli" meaning "Many" and the word
"Tics"
           meaning "blood sucking parasites"