[TenTec] Redundant Info VS Wasted Bandwidth (Results)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Redundant Info VS Wasted Bandwidth (Results)
From: k0avw@juno.com (Eric N Boe)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 14:53:38 +0000
Now that the replies have subsided, I thought I would post a quick
summary, plus an idea to try to please everyone.

Results of the "redundant info VS wasted bandwidth" survey:
Neutral                 1
For Redundant Info      16
Against Redundant Info  4

Although the results are lopsided, it is important that we respect the
wishes of the 20% who do not want to see redundant posts.  This, of
course, has to be balanced against the wishes of folks like me who enjoy
learning about the various problems conquered by the user community.

Here's a wild idea to reach a point of compromise:

Step 1)  Reply direct any time.
Step 2)  If it's your birthday this month, you may reply to the group on
the day of, or the day after, a question is posted.
Step 3)  If you are not in group #2, please wait another day to post an
answer.  This will allow for review of posted solutions to minimize
redundancy.

OK, it's a bit cheesy, but it would help minimize the traffic while
letting the info flow.

Thanks for the participation

Eric (K0AVW)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]