[TenTec] ARGOSY II FEEDBACK

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ARGOSY II FEEDBACK
From: kerlin@ligtel.com (Ron Kerlin)
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 21:32:30 -0500
Keith...I believe that this mod does reduce the agc contant a bit, but qsk
is still very satisfactory and the overall agc seems to be about right.
Popping is much reduced.  Unlike my Omni, the Argosy does not have an RF
gain control, so the capacitor mod is about the only option.  I am not sure
if the mod directly affects the agc recovery or the qsk delay, I haven't
followed the schematic thru.  I figured since the mod was so simple, if I
didn't like the result, I would put the old cap back in.  (Emperical
engineering, hihi)  About all the mods that I know of for the Argosy are
contained in the excellent webpage "Unofficial Ten-Tec Homepage"  the Url:
http://pcd2.state.va.us/tentec/
Hope this is of some help for you....

73 de Ron/kb9lsh