[TenTec] OMNI VI TROUBLE

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI TROUBLE
From: peplasters@rockford.com (Paul Plasters)
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 20:35:48 -0600
Well I have a different kind of a problem, and it may just be a normal
thing.  I can't filter out those stations 2 and 3 khz. away from me.  This
makes it rather difficult to run a Health and Welfare net (or even to
converse with another).  Part of it is that some stations run over
modulation as a matter of habit, but I feel the radio should still filter
them out.  Am I dreaming?  Some of you have had these OMNI VI's longer than
I, so if I am all wet, please tell me so.  Other wise, I am going to call
Ten Tec up and ask them to fix it.
Thanks, Paul WA9FFL

At 02:29 PM 11/1/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Check the back of the rig and make sure the shorting plug (tx out tx en) is
>still plugged in.  Mine had a defective phono jack and did the same
>thing..........joe..
>
>"John W. Morris" wrote:
>
>> I finished a qso with my Omni VI and all was well. I left the shack for
>> a few minutes. I returned and gave someone a call, but discovered that
>> the OMNI VI would not transmit anymore!!
>>
>> Receive works fine. Anyone have any theories as to what might cause the
>> transmit function to go out while the rig was in the receive mode? Just
>> time for it to happen, I guess!
>>
>> Will be on the phone to Sevierville first thing tomorrow, but thought I
>> would ask if anyone has any ideas as to which component has failed!!
>>
>> Thanks/73, John, W4GD
>>
>> --
>> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm
>> Submissions:              tentec@contesting.com