[TenTec] 301 Remote Tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 301 Remote Tuner
From: wb4huc@texas.net (Michael A. Newell)
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 19:47:52 -0600
Rick:

It depends upon which radio you're talking about, but
the OMNI VI has a 1/8" jack that is used for a two-wire
"ICOM-like" serial interface for controlling the radio.

Using this for rig control should free up the serial port for
the model 301 Remote Tuner (one of which I have, but the first
person to show up with $1000 can take it home).

My latest ARRL handbook is 1995, and on page 22.50 is a schematic
for a TTL to RS-232 level converter which should work between
your computer and the rig.

I'm not sure if the OMNI V's and Paragon/Paragon II's have this
TTL serial interface.

73,

Mike
WB4HUC