[TenTec] 301 & RS-232 together.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 301 & RS-232 together.
From: JBaumgarte@aol.com (JBaumgarte@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 18:09:12 EST
I have the Y cable described and sold by TenTec for controling the
bandswitching of the 253 outotuner by my Omni 6.   The other side works, of
course, great for my 301, but is not wired through for all pins.  I wired this
"other" side for all 25 pins and now have connected (all cabled together in
one DB25) the 301, rig control, and bandpass filter control.  Amazingly, there
are almost no conflicts--even though the autotuner and the bandpass filters
are drawing from the same band info pins.  My one "give up" is instant
bandswitching (it does insert the call in the log) by the Omni 6 from packet
spots when using DXBase.  It does, however, switch the rig perfectly in NA and
CT contesting programs.  The wiring was quite a trick and that DB25 is
stuffed!

John, N0IJ