[TenTec] Re: QSK above 25 wpm?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: QSK above 25 wpm?
From: v31ry@ix.netcom.com (AE0Q V31RY)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 01:35:25 -0700
At 20:13 22-11-98 -0500, N7UX wrote:
 <snip>
>> Is it just me or
>>do others feel that QSK above 25 WPM is a non-player anyway?

  Wow, I hope not!  QSK at any speed is like a full-duplex conversation on
the telephone.  You can always tell if the station you're calling or working
hears you or if there is QRM on the freq.  In a contest it's essential..

  I modified my Argo-556 to have fast QSK up to 50 wpm (from the factory it
turned to semi-QSK above 15 wpm).  Ten Tec suggested a resistor change, now
it's like it should be.

  If anyone wants a description of the Scout/Argo QSK change, it's on my web
site (at the top of this page):

http://www.qsl.net/ae0q/contest/wyo.htm

73  --  Glenn

 Another month ends...   All targets met, all systems
 working, all customers satisfied, all staff eager and
 enthusiastic.    All pigs fed and ready to fly.

     AEØQ / V31RY           ex: GM5BKC, ZB2WZ, SVØWY, WAØVPK
  v31ry@ix.netcom.com    --SOWP 5558-M, QCWA LM, ARRL LM, NCVA--
http://www.qsl.net/ae0q/