[TenTec] What's next in radio design (a thought question)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] What's next in radio design (a thought question)
From: peplasters@rockford.com (Paul Plasters)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 11:26:12 -0600
I think there are several ideas already being used that may find new uses
in communications.  Look at how packet works.  It is concievable to me that
relay stations could be put up all over the country.  Or Satelites can be
installed in space.  The above would most likely be used for VHF, UHF etc.
        As far as a new HF mode making older modes outdated, I still hear AM
stations on that equipment must be 30 to 40 years old, and still being
used.  How about RTTY and CW?  Yet they are still being used.  I think that
there are people who MUST have the latest of what ever, but many of us are
content using our older mode gear.
        What I am saying, is don't hold back on development for fear of
outdating
older technology.  Both will be put to good use!
        I personally believe I will live to see Geostationairy satelites placed
into service by Hams, as soon as they get their act together and realize
they are all trying to accomplish the same thing.
73 K9PEP  ICQ 9441594