[TenTec] Omni VI chirp comment

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI chirp comment
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 20:51:38 -0500

>Let me know if I need to clarify anything here Steve.

In the old days of vacuum tubes, we learned the importance of isolating the
crystal oscillator with buffer stages and keying a later mixer stage. The
crystal osc. ran constantly resulting in a clean, stable signal. I suppose
using the lower voltages in solid state rigs has lessened the importance of
this isolation however the negative results still pop through at times. It
seems that TT has pushed the envelope in this area with the 6+.

Maybe now would be the time to totally rethink the tx-audio board's design
instead of patching it up. I'm interested in your comments about how this
board could be redesigned with the minimum amount of complexity.

N4LQ