[TenTec] Omni VI chirp comment

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI chirp comment
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 19:22:24 -0500
Yoop/bloop eh? I see your point but the Omni VI's chirp seems to have a
different sound. I've heard them sound perfectly clean (except for the usual
hard keying) then upon switching sidebands I hear the leading edge twirp. I
think it's got something to do with Paul's filter theory.

Yes, W1AW is a discrace on 20 meters. I'm listening to them right now and
they sound like trash. I wonder if they just don't care? I remember reading
in QST how TT donated the rig and how it had to be modified for greater
frequency stability. Maybe they just don't want to look a gift horse in the
mouth.

N4LQ