[TenTec] DSP Units?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] DSP Units?
From: walt@jove.acs.unt.edu (Walter S Delesandri)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 10:01:07 -0600 (CST)
First, this is addressed to the list, not Steve (sorry, Steve)

For days now (seems like years) I've read all the posts about
the "problems" with the CW note (xmit AND rec./agc) on the
"OMNI X/verX?"

Jeezus, guys, when I started out 27 or so years ago, my
"elmers" (read-old farts) copied 30-45 WPM of chirpy, Johnson
CW on a Hallicrafters s-40.  With wide open bandpass of about
8 KHz, -6 points.......no AGC, of course.....while chewing
on a cigar......and NO, the bands were no less crowded or
noisy then........

For those of you I've worked on 40, I used a Collins KWM -2,
stock, and there isn't a bigger piece of CW shit ever made.

Guess I'm an ol' fart now......

Walt