[TenTec] Re: CW Practice on Omni

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: CW Practice on Omni
From: w8au@sssnet.com (w8au@sssnet.com)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 22:26:03 -0500
>That's exactly how it sounds when you increase the ratio. No effect to
>weighting is noticed. I'm curious about the Scout. Does it have a real
>weight control?
>
>N4LQ

Steve:
No weighting control on the Scout.  It's determined by the programming of
the RISC microprocessor.  TT normally burns them in at 65/35 weighting, not
50/50.  However, when I ordered mine, I talked them into doing a special
one for me that was 50/50.  The news got around (a few years ago) and
others then asked for that favor.  At that time I also asked for a "default
speed" of 30 wpm, instead of their normal 25.  That way, when I go under an
overpass while CW/M, and the magnetic circuit breaker trips due to the
SWR/Collector current bump, I don't have as much resetting to do.  I wish I
would have asked for 35 instead of 30, however...Oh, well.

Hey, answered your CQ yesterday on 40, but guess it was too late.
73, Perry W8AU