[TenTec] OMNI-6+ audio gain control

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI-6+ audio gain control
From: N4LQ@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 21:18:55 -0500
Every rig they've made is like that Roy. My Omni C included. I just replaced
it's af gain control with a new one from Radio Shack and now it's much
smoother. I used their "audio taper" 10k pot. It's just a single gang pot
with an off-on switch but I think the Omni 5 and 6 used a dual gang pot and
it would be tough to find what you need via 3rd party.

Steve n4LQ

Anyone else notice that the audio out pot has all of its useful levels range
crammed into the lower eighth-inch or so of travel, making it ultra
critical? Wonder what the best way would be to "band spread" this control?

73,    K6XK