[TenTec] problem with mic settings possibly solved

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] problem with mic settings possibly solved
From: whowell@hq.nasa.gov (Scott Howell)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 12:23:01 -0500
ok, so start laughing, call me the most daft operator yet, but if you can
make a sched, you can help this daft om.
I discovered upon chatting with Tentec on another matter that I had the
controls reversed. See I told you guys I was backward. I was turning up the
speech processing knob and down the mic gain control.
Ok, so I never played with the mic settings being I operate cw. I had not
realized that the small knob inside the rf control was for the mic. I turn
it up and heard myself, but thought this was some type of monitor volume
control and thus did not know that is on the back of the rig. I guess I
remembered all the controls, but forgot those being I had little intrest in
them.
Please forgive my ignorence and thanks to any and all who have replied or
will reply on this matter.

If anyone can make a sched on 20m about 14.280 or 14.260 as an alternate
and listen for me, I'd appreciate it. I again am using an indoor dipole for
now and its oriented east/west.
I could hear everyone on the net lastnight pretty well. So, this would be
in the evening or if 40m looks as if it would be better, pick the freq. Tnx
agn for all the wonderful assistance.
Please don't laugh to hard.I've got more than enough egg on my face<g>.

73 de Scott/n3byy